Monday, May 11, 2020

Happy Aniversary


When my eyes first gaze upon you, my lungs withheld its breath
My heart raced
My flesh blushed
My eyes fixated beyond your exterior, to the spirit of your being.
Your voice spoke
My body froze in time in awestruck, as your words filtered into my ear, but not captured inside my brain
Because it was too busy thinking could a woman like you, love a simple man like me
When your hand reached out to mine in a gesture of hello, I was instantly captivated as they lightly embraced
Little did you know, my mind had decided you were going to be mine right then and there
Little did I know, you wanted this shy man just as much as I wanted you
Today we share another of many anniversaries
An anniversary of being one
An anniversary of loving a person not only today and yesterday's
But all the following tomorrows...


Love you LC
PJ

2 comments:

  1. The only everlasting thing in the world is True Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are completely correct on that one.

    peace and love
    1manView

    ReplyDelete